Hartland Computer Repair 1.859.667.8999
Owner – Hartland Computer Repair
Angie's List Super Service Award Winner
Personal and Professional computer repair for home and small business PC and Apple Mac® users. In our 14 years of repairing and maintaining computers here in Lexington we’ve built a reputation for providing a consistently high level of customer service with fast repair times at reasonable prices. We’ve even been recognized as one of the top 5% of all service providers in the country for four years running and we’re eager to help solve your computer problems and guarantee the results.
Call us now for a free initial phone consultation and analysis.
Call Now: 1.859.667.8999
Celebrating 15 Years in Lexington!!
We’ve been fixing computers and building networks in Lexington now for 15 years. In that time we’ve worked on nearly 10,000 projects for about 4,000 customers. We monitor dozens of WiFi networks we installed for businesses and residential customers and we still find time to keep our mom’s MacBook working. If it stays this fun, we probably have another 15 years in us.
We now carry refurbished Windows desktops and laptops as well as refurbished Apple MacBooks. You can find our current refurbished computers here.
If you like the design of this website, let us build one for you. Hartland Computer is now doing website design and implementation for small businesses. If you need a high quality simple website to tell your story, contact us.
Viruses, malware, junkware, spyware, we find it, exterminate it and help you make sure it doesn’t come back. We guarantee our work and we even cover you if the problems come back.
Apple® Mac Repair
Need your Apple iMac® or MacBook® repaired? Screens, keyboards, folders with question mark, liquid spills; our Apple-trained tech will fix all your Mac problems.
Laptop hardware and software repair. Whether it’s a problem with Windows, Viruses, WiFi or Networking; Screens, Hard Drives, Keyboards or Motherboards, we’ll fix it.
Need to install a wireless network? Got a WiFi network that’s driving you crazy? We’ll fix your Wireless Network and get it working fast and with good coverage.
On-site Computer Repair
Some computer problems are best solved on-site. Printer setup, scanners, networks, servers, desktops and laptop problems; we’ll come to you and get you running again.
We provide a full line of business services including our CyberSecurity Audit, our Two-Hour Computer Security Review, local and cloud-based backup solutions, computer repair and upgrades, desktop support and networking.
Sometimes heat or liquid damage or other factors cause your motherboard to fail. We have an ace motherboard repair facility and top-notch technicians who will repair almost any PC motherboard or Apple Mac logic board. Normal motherboard repair time is about 1 week.
Case Study: Passwords Saved In Browser Result in Identity Theft
I’m going to lead with the conclusion here: get a password manager, transfer your passwords into it, erase them from your browser. We’ve been giving this advice to our customers for quite a while now and we discovered yet another reason to confirm our opinion while on our summer family vacation this year.
How to Catch a Virus and Lose All Your Data
It’s hard to know whether this was a targeted attack, where a miscreant specifically targets a small business to try and defraud it, or a quasi-targeted attack against anyone who happened to be advertising jobs on Craigslist that day. In either case, it’s important to recognize that the email and it’s attachment were expected by the recipient, looked pretty normal and so her guard was down.
5 Computer Security Steps For Small Business
Over the last few years, small businesses have become a prime target for hackers and fraudsters. This is because most hackers consider them easy-pickings. Many owners, managers and employees imagine that they are safe, they mistakenly think that hackers, cyber thieves and other notorious individuals are just after big companies.
- Virus Removal 95% 95%
- Data Recovery 75% 75%
- Laptop Repair 65% 65%
- Small Business Security 85% 85%
- On-site 85% 85%
- Networking 80% 80%
- Printer Configuration 90% 90%
- Symptom Diagnosis 60% 60%
Shyen is a graduate of Lafayette HS and is currently pursuing a technical degree from the University of Kentucky. He has been involved in competitive robotics and reached the Nationals level with his team for developing a hoverboard prototype design. Shyen is a keen cricket fan and will be happy to explain the rules and terminology.
- Screen Repairs 87% 87%
- Laptop Hardware 65% 65%
- Robotics 95% 95%
- Malware Removal 88% 88%
Violet is currently involved in elementary education. Her favourite bands are Taylor Swift and Clean Bandit. Violet doesn’t really repair computers here, but don’t tell her that.
- Spelling Words 87% 87%
- Working with Fractions 35% 35%
- Skyping Grandma 80% 80%
- Songs from Frozen 100% 100%
- Over the phone or in our shop; call us and tell us your symptoms. If possible, we’ll recommend some steps you can take yourself to fix the problem or what it will cost for us to fix it.
Clean-up / Speed-up
- Remove spyware, junkware, adware and toolbars.
- Fix runaway programs that hog system resources
- Install necessary security and performance updates
- Recommend any needed upgrades to memory or hard drives
- Tune it up to run as if it was our own computer
- Tier 1 data recovery
- Proven non-invasive, non-destructive recovery procedures
- Excellent success rates for non-clicking failures (around 75% of hard drives)
- Includes retrieval of all data/programs/operating system if possible
- Referrals for drives that require Tier 2/3 repair
- PC Tech Support
- CyberSecurity Audit
- Remote Desktop Support
- Backup Solutions
- Computer repair
- Data recovery and retrieval
- Network support
- Wireless network security
Apple Mac Repair
- In-shop or On-site
- Liquid Damage
- Problems with Booting
- Hard Drive Failures and Upgrades
- Logic Board Repair
- Program and Application Problems
- Remove viruses, malware, spyware, junkware, adware and toolbars.
- We’ll install a proper antivirus, fix security problems, reset your firewall and clear the junk from your browsers.
- Then we’ll tune-up your computer and make is work great again.
- Professional screen replacement
- We only use new screens from our established suppliers
- Quick 1-2 day turnaround on most repairs
- Parts extra (typical screen costs are $50-$100)
- Printer set-up, networking problems, other computer problems
- Most repairs are completed in a “generous” hour, additional time billed at our regular hourly rates
- Same-day appointments available
Saved Hard Drives
Hartland Computer Repair
Lexington, KY 40515
We normally have someone on call in the evenings until 7:30 and during off-hours on the weekends whenever possible. If you have an off-hours emergency or even just an enquiry, please text us on 859 667 8999 and if we can’t answer your question at the moment, we’ll get back to you quickly.